- "The Glass Garden is a small shoppe located in Buckhead, Atlanta that hand makes unique glass terrariums. The atmosphere of our company is modern and simple, using shapes and lines derived for our in store succulents and air plants. Frank Lloyd Wright has been a huge influence on us as well with his pioneering of glass soldering and geometric design."Featured on Packaging of the World, The Dieline, MonkeyZen, Graphic URL Studio, Showcase San, The-Parisienne, Atlas+Isolation, Creative Inspiration UK, wikinoticia, gooddesignmakesmehappy, 70percentpure, and won an American Packaging Design Award from GD USA (featured here online).2014 Published
Branding Element Logos 32013 PublishedGD USA p130Nice Magazine p76-79BranD Magazine p54-55
- Storefront Window
- Identity and Stationery Suite
- Limited edition three book series with adhesive decals and dust jacket.
This series would make a great addition when you buy a terrarium for yourself or as a gift for someone else. Books include: "A Brief History" which gives information on our company, the glass artist, the soldering process, and where our inspiration comes from, "5 Simple Terrariums" for those who want an easy step–by–step guide on designing a terrarium-scape, and "The 2013 Look Book."
- I also translated some parts of the book series into an iPad magazine using MagPlus. Some features include close up photos of the production process, an interview of our glass artist, and a section on Frank Lloyd Wright's influence on us.
- Geometric plant packaging for our succulents and air plants.
The idea behind these lightweight rhombic dodecahedrons was to create something for our customer that is interesting and unique like our terrariums, that would also keep their new items safe from the store to the car and from the car to home. I wanted to use a frosted material to reiterate the "glass" garden while not being too literal, as well as a package with a purpose/afterlife that could contain the plants for as long as necessary (light and air is made accessible for the plants through a folded door) before they make it to their permanent terrarium home.
- All plant packages include the type of plant, the variety name, a reference image on the top, short description of the plant on the back and comes with a five page booklet on the back explaining in detail more plant information for your terrariums
- The plant mister for succulents and air plants is an important item in terrarium maintenance. The only thing truly detrimental to their upkeep is over watering since there is no drainage.
- For the terrarium packaging, I wanted something simple and elegant that would set the stage to enhance the beauty of the handmade nature of the terrariums themselves. I also wanted the customer's experience to be kept in mind, similar to Apple's packaging, so the lid intersects the terrarium's photo right where the pentagonal door hinge opens, while also revealing only the top half of the vessel once the lid is removed.
Included in the box is a keepsake information card with the name of the specific terrarium, how it was handmade as well as its dimensions. The card also doubles as a stabilizer so the terrarium will not move and topple while in transit.
- I wanted the magazine ads to stay within the brand I had created, while also being unique and interesting, like the terrariums themselves. (Magazine ads were designed for "Simply Buckhead")