- I L L U S T R A T I O N S
Examples from the work submitted in the 2011 AP Drawing Portfolio
- As a requirement for my high school, I took the Advanced Placement Drawing portfolio my senior year. At the end of the course, you submit a collection of approximately thirty pieces to the College Board for evaluation. They asked for the following: twelve pieces related in content or medium, twelve pieces showcasing the variety of your skills, and a quality selection of your five strongest pieces.
- C O N C E N T R A T I O NTwelve examples of work related either by content or media used. Mine were created from photographs, in PhotoShop as vectors.
- This piece was originally submitted as a homework piece, but I was heavily inspired by the amazing vector work of Masha Gubar. Created in PhotoShop--before I dared try Illustrator--I layered various vector shapes like a "digital watercolor." This piece really impressed my teachers, and convinced me to design the rest of my concentration in the same style.
- My concentration consisted of pieces relating to food or the kitchen. It was a lot of fun to see these develop.
- B R E A D T HTwelve examples showcasing the diversity of your skills.
- Graphite on arches 88. The piece is actually 16x22, but cropped for a stronger composition on the internet. This piece has since been entered in two competitions, receiving both an honorable mention and second place in local exhibitions.